Definitions and Interpretations in these Conditions
The ‘Company’ shall mean Le Conversation Club, or Le Conversation Club de Supper Street, LCC or London no EkiMae. The ‘Client’ shall mean the person in whose name the booking is made and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the same is made. The ‘Student’ shall mean the person who is participating in the course. ‘Force Majeure’ shall mean any event outside the Company’s control which prevents the prompt performance of its obligations, including natural disasters, war, civil strife, acts of terrorism and political unrest, etc.
These terms relate to the following courses:
EFL means English as a Foreign Language.
The school offers EFL lessons (non VATable), as well as French and Japanese lessons (VATable)
An hour shall mean 55 minutes. One lesson shall mean a 55-minute lesson.
Individual and group lessons
1. Description of the courses
The Company will provide the Client with the following packs for three languages (English, French, and Japanese)
· 10 individual lessons starting at the top of any hour between 10am and 4pm on weekdays
· 10 individual lessons starting at the top of any hour between 5pm and 9pm on weekdays and 12pm and 7pm at the weekend or bank holidays
· 10 group lessons starting at the top of any hour between 10am and 4pm on weekdays
· 10 group lessons starting at the top of any hour between 5pm and 9pm on weekdays and 12pm and 7pm at the weekend or bank holidays
· 30 individual lessons starting at the top of any hour between 10am and 4pm on weekdays
· 30 individual lessons starting at the top of any hour between 5pm and 9pm on weekdays and 12pm and 7pm at the weekend or bank holidays
· 30 group lessons starting at the top of any hour between 10am and 4pm on weekdays
· 30 individual lessons starting at the top of any hour between 5pm and 9pm on weekdays and 12pm and 7pm at the weekend or bank holidays
Each lesson lasts 55 minutes to allow the following lesson to start as scheduled. As a result, an hour shall mean 55 minutes.
2. Packs have a limited validity
· 10 lesson packs have a validity of 3 months after the date of purchase by the Student
· 30 lesson packs have a validity of 6 months after the date of purchase by the Student
Lessons start at the top of the hour. Students may come in late (discretionary decision of the teacher). However, lateness will not affect the end time of the lesson. Clients who have paid for a daytime membership or pack are NOT allowed to book lessons in the evening (from 5pm) on weekdays or at any time at the weekend.
There will not be any refunds for any remaining lessons of any packs after the period of validity stated above
Cancellations and Refunds
· Lessons may be booked at any time through the Company’s website. Any booked lesson may be modified or cancelled up to 12 hours prior to the start of said lesson without incurring any fees for the Client or the Student. Any modifications or cancellations by the Student occurring within this period of 12 hours shall not be taken into account and will be due to the Company.
· The Company will confirm courses to the Client and the Student 12 hours before the start of the booked lesson.
· Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014):
As a service that is provided on a specific date within a specific period the Company is not obligated to provide a fourteen (14) day cooling off period
1. Number of Students per group lessons
· The minimum number of participants per group class is 2.
· The maximum number of participants per group class is 6.
2. Group Lessons and Level Assessment
The Client will provide guidelines vis-à-vis their level of the language they want to study: beginner, intermediate or advanced. Should the student request a precise level assessment, the Student must contact the Company directly through their website and will be given their approximate CEFR levels (Common European Framework for Languages) via a phone conversation of maximum 10 minutes.
If the minimum number of students for group lessons is not met, the Company will proceed as follows:
1. Where there is a confirmed course at the level just above or just below at the same location but at a different time, students will be asked to join the confirmed course.
2. Or the Company may decide to merge groups, which may also require a change of location or time.
3. Where none of the above options are practical, the Company reserves the right to cancel a group lesson. Any students who have booked said lesson will not be charged and will be notified within 10 hours prior to the start of the lesson.
Lessons are by default intermediate lessons that will adapt to students’ needs.
· The Trial Lesson
Students may request a trial lesson at the discounted price of £12 (£2 tax is included for non-EFL lessons). The lesson lasts 55 minutes and includes an explanation of how the school works and level assessment. Only one trial lesson per new student is allowed.
For more information on courses, go to the Company website.
Students are required to be 18 or over.
There are no textbooks or handouts for any of our courses. Students are required to bring pen and paper.
Food and Drinks – The CAFE Lesson Scheme
Every four weeks the course takes place at a catering venue. Every venue is located within 15 minute-walk from the advertised tube station for the course. Every business the Company has partnered with is run by a native speaker of the language students are learning and/or waited by native speakers of said language. Expenses incurred by the food and drinks ordered during the final lesson are covered by tuition fees to the extent agreed between the partner and the Company. Should expenses exceed the agreed amount between the partner and the Company, the partner will notify the student and ask them they want to proceed nevertheless. The Company is not liable for any extra expenses made by the students.
Minimum Number of Students
We require a minimum number of 2 students to be able run language course.
If the minimum number of students is not met, this is the process we will follow:
1. Where possible we will offer Clients a place on a confirmed course in a different location, or at the level above or below at the same location but at a different time. Or we may decide to merge groups, which may also require a change of location or time.
2. Where a move to another location is not practical, the course may still run (at the Company’s discretion), even if the minimum number of students is not met.
Course Fees and Payment
All courses must be paid upfront. No student will be allowed to attend any lessons as long as payment has not been received by the company.
All non-EFL package prices mentioned on publicity are exclusive of VAT.
Cancellation and Refunds
All enrolments are final, no discounts, no refunds will be permitted, in the event that you cannot attend. The company therefore recommends to students to check their personal and work commitments before enrolling. The company will not be liable to refund the course fees, should a student be unable to attend a class. These rules are valid regardless the course has started or not.
In the event the Company is unable to run a course, or make suitable alternative arrangements under the Minimum Number of Students policy, the Client will be entitled to a full refund, including any credit card fees.
Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014):
As a service that is provided on a specific date within a specific period the Company is not obligated to provide a fourteen (14) day cooling off period.
Students may modify their bookings up to 12 hours prior to the start of the lesson. There will not be any refunds, should any modifications or cancellations be requested by the Clients thereafter.
Alterations by the Company
The company will do its utmost to provide the arrangements that have been confirmed, but it must reserve the right to modify or cancel any course if unforeseen circumstances arise. This includes but is not limited to, providing a cover teacher for teacher sickness or absence, cancelling a lesson and offering an alternative date, postponing the course for one week, offering alternative suitable locations or levels. If force majeure occurs while a course is in progress, the company will try to make reasonable alternative arrangements.
Liability of the Company
The Company accepts responsibility for ensuring that all parts of the course are supplied as described and that all services shall reach reasonable standard. However the Company shall not be liable for the failure or improper performance of these services where such failure or improper performance is attributable to:
1. fault of the client.
2. unforeseeable or unavoidable actions of an unconnected third party.
3. unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the Company’s control, including force majeure.
The Company is not liable for any price discrepancies for EFL lessons. Nor is the Company responsible for any conflicts arising between Clients and agencies.
Alterations by the Client
If the Client is unhappy with the teacher or any aspect of the teaching they must inform the Company immediately in writing. The Company cannot deal with issues or complaints retrospectively. The Company reserves the right to offer solutions to the issue such as speaking to the teacher about the problem, changing the teacher, offering the Client an alternative course or location. In the unlikely event that a Client is unhappy with their course we require the Client to attend a minimum of 3 lessons, in order to give a reasonable amount of time for any improvements and changes to be experienced. After the Client has made a complaint in writing we require the Client to attend a further two lessons in order to give a reasonable amount of time for any improvements and changes to be experienced. The Company will make every attempt to ensure the Client can continue with their course as a satisfied Client.
The Company believes that all statements made on its website or in printed material are factual and correct. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe the schools and environments and to provide the amenities described. The Company cannot therefore be held responsible for any changes that become known after any printed materials are produced (up-to-date information can be found on the Company website), nor can the Company accept liabilities for happenings outside its reasonable control. The Company undertakes to advise the Client of any changes known to it prior to the course.
The Company cannot be held responsible for incorrect information printed or online by associate websites and partners. Please refer to the Company website for up to date information.
Le Conversation Club is unable to provide any kind of visa letter or invitation letter on the basis of attendance of/ payment for a UK evening & part-time language course.
Any special requests must be advised to the company in writing. Please feel free to make known to us any medical conditions or other needs, which you feel might enable us to provide you with a higher level of personal service and attention. Any information received remains confidential.
General information is included on this website for help and guidance to the client. Please read it carefully. The contract incorporating these conditions shall be governed by English law and any matters arising out of it shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
1) Committed to protecting your privacy:
The Company collects student personal information such as names, telephone numbers, and email addresses, targeted language and levels for marketing purposes. The company does not share or sell any information to third parties. We do not store any bank details on our servers.
2) Information Collected:
3) Information Use:
The Company will use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details. For more information please contact the Company
4) Use of Feedback:
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are agreeing to the use of any course feedback you provide us for marketing purposes via our website and social media channels. The use of feedback will be limited to your comments, first name only, language studied and location.
Terms & Conditions of the SPONSORING SCHEME AND JOINT MEMBERSHIP
o When an existing student refers a new student to Le Conversation Club and both sign up for at least a 10-lesson package. The existing student receives £10 off their next order (sponsoring scheme). When two new students sign up at the same time, they receive 25% off the new course if and only if they order and pay for two packages. However both students do not have to enrol the same course or study the same lesson.
o There are time restrictions to use the discount.
o The discount may be cumulative.
o The discount works through a coupon system.
o Le Conversation Club reserves the right to cancel and refund courses depending on student numbers.
o The promotion cannot be applied retrospectively to bookings made prior to this promotion.
FREE FRENCH LESSONS
The free French lessons scheme is a course of 8 lessons each lasting 90 minutes. They are taught by a teacher trainee. Lessons may be supervised by a senior teacher.
They take place on Sundays. Any lessons missed by a student shall not be caught up or rescheduled. Lessons are free, however there is a £30 registration fee to be paid and a form to be filled in before the beginning of the first lesson. Students may join at anytime during the eight weeks. However the registration fee remains the same and due before the start of the lesson.
Lessons are for beginners only (A1 and A2 CEFR levels). Students with a higher level may participate. However by taking part in the course, they agree to follow the curriculum advertised on the Company’s website and its social media publications. They will be encouraged to enrol courses taught by our qualified teachers.
Once a student has paid and filled out the form for a course, their seat is reserved until the end of the course. Weekly attendance is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended. The same person may only sign up for two free courses maximum. Should students want to continue to study French, they are to sign for paid lessons.